Stories by members of the Sri Chinmoy Centre
First steps on the Spiritual Path
Students of Sri Chinmoy from all over the world describe the journey that led them to the Sri Chinmoy Centre.
Reminiscences of Sri Chinmoy
Elsewhere on this site:
On his member site, Harkara Urmoneit from Germany relates a moving story about making a musical instrument for Sri Chinmoy. more »
Tejvan Pettinger, one of the UK's leading amateur cyclists has written a book 'My Life with Sri Chinmoy', which he has published on his member site. more »
Phoolanjaya Beale from Wellington, New Zealand, on how Sri Chinmoy's loving care saved her from a near-death experience. more »
Meditation functions with Sri Chinmoy
Meditations with Sri Chinmoy were a wonderful mix of silent meditation, music, poetry, prayer, creativity and humour - plus stories and wisdom from the Master himself.
Books by Students of Sri Chinmoy
Auspicious Good Fortune
At the Feet of My Master
Sri Chinmoy's students have written a wide selection of books, ranging personal accounts of following Sri Chinmoy's path, to reflections on spirituality and self-improvement.
Experiences on Sri Chinmoy's path
- Life in the Centre - a overview provided by different students of Sri Chinmoy (Broken link)
- Experiences on the path - some stories about inner guidance, and how the spiritual life can open up unexpected possibilities.
- In the Battlefield of Life - how different students try to keep their inner poise in a turbulent outer world.
Self Transcendence stories
Sri Chinmoy encouraged many of his students to do marathons, ultra runs, and endurance races - we are compiling Sri Chinmoy's encouragement and guidance during these events, both inner and outer, as well accounts of profound inner experiences.
More on our sites:
- Rathin Boulton describes his experience of running the 3100 Mile Race, the world's longest certified race. more »
- Dhiraja McBryde from New Zealand gives a day by day account of running a 10 day race. more »
- Why Run 3100 Miles? - article by Smarana Puntigam from Vienna, another 3100 mile finisher, on his member site
- The stories featured here have been taken from First Steps on the Sunlit Path, a book series compiled by Pragya Gerig; Compassion-Miracles, an 8-volume series of experiences with Sri Chinmoy written by his students; and selected posts from the Sri Chinmoy Inspiration Group, a Yahoo group with inspired comment on Sri Chinmoy and Sri Chinmoy centre activities. View selected posts from the group »
- The photos in the slideshow were taken by Sarama Minoli, Pulak Viscardi, Projjwal Pohland, Pushkar Mullauer, Sadanand Magee and others.